As the flagship higher education institution of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Brigham Young University (BYU) strives to be among the exceptional universities in the world. At BYU, employees are devoted to their faith and to our students. They take an active role in the University's mission: "To assist individuals in their quest for perfection and eternal life."
Our faculty are accomplished scholars, practitioners, and artists who choose to be at BYU because they want to be part of a community where there are no walls between faith and reason and where teaching and research are equally valued. Our administrators and staff share this devotion to faith, to excellence, and to students, providing an essential mentoring influence. Despite having so many distinct careers and roles represented on campus, we are all one in our dedication to helping those around us reach their temporal and eternal potential.
For BYU employees, making a direct and enduring impact on students—whether it’s in the classroom or in the workplace—isn’t just a job, it’s a calling.
Today, Brigham Young University (BYU) is widely recognized not just for its world-class education, but for its deep commitment to inspired religious values. Gathered together in a Christ-centered atmosphere, BYU employees are a vital part of a community of belonging, where we value the experiences, perspectives, and talents of each individual.
At BYU, we provide opportunities for career growth and promotion in a wide variety of fields, including IT, teaching, interior decorating, athletics, media, culinary arts, accounting, landscaping, and research just to name a few. Many individuals have started at BYU thinking it will be a steppingstone in their career, only to find this is the perfect place to stay and learn from industry experts. Here, we strive to provide the stability, professional development, and challenges that will allow you to succeed and reach your potential in any field. We also understand the importance of a healthy work-life balance and offer great benefits to help you take care of the things that are most important in life.
If you share in our devotion to faith, to excellence, and to mentoring students, we have a place for you here at BYU!
Brigham Young University (BYU) offers a wide range of benefit programs for its employees, designed to help them and their families enjoy good health and work/life balance. BYU’s benefits include:
- Industry leading medical, dental, and supplemental life insurance plans. If you would like to learn more about our competitive insurance package, click here.
- Retirement plans, including a 401(k) with an employer match and an 8% employer-funded retirement contribution, fully vested from your first day.
- Tuition benefits for you and your family members when attending BYU.
- An assortment of amazing campus benefits and discounts for you and your family, including free UTA transit passes, discounts on tickets to athletic and cultural events, and access to campus facilities. For more information, click here.
- A magnificent campus work environment, fantastic food options, and devotionals and forums with leaders from campus and around the world
For a more comprehensive review of BYU’s benefits, click here.
In addition to its amazing benefits plans, BYU strives to competitively compensate employees in relation to external and internal benchmarks and reward employees whose performance truly excels. BYU currently meets its objective to pay within 5% of market salaries on average for administrative and staff positions. Click here for more information.