Employee Assistance Program
BYU provides an employee assistance program (EAP) through Carelon Behavioral Health. BYU employees and members of their household can contact Carelon Behavioral Health and be connected with a professional. This benefit can be an important source of help to employees and family members who are feeling stressed and overwhelmed and is available at no cost to the employee.
Below is a brief outline of how this benefit works, some of the challenges the EAP can help you address, and how to get started. This benefit is available to both you and those in your household.
To get started, set up your profile by contacting 1-844-280-9629.
Learn more by visiting https://myeaphelper.mybeaconwellbeing.com/
An additional counseling option is available through the EAP Talkspace, a virtual platform that allows you to choose scheduled phone and video chats or text messaging. Download the Talkspace Therapy app today to get started! (When prompted enter Organization Name: DMBA. To learn more, follow this link.)
Situations EAP helps with
- Planning for significant life events
- Sorting through legal matters
- Achieving professional goals
- Depression, anxiety, stress, grief, loss
- Strengthening relationships through Marriage and Family Counseling
- Addiction assessment and treatment recommendations
- Balancing work and life situations