Employees must be hired into an eligible full-time classification to qualify for medical insurance, which are as follows:
- Full-time Staff
- Full-time Administrative Staff
- Full-time Faculty
- Full-time Visiting Faculty
- Research Associate
- Research Staff
- Post-Doctorate Fellow
There are four different medical insurance plans to choose from. These are provided by Deseret Mutual Benefits Administrators (DMBA).
Deseret Premier is a high-option national plan and covers you almost anywhere you go. When receiving care from Deseret Premier contracted providers, the plan pays for 90% of most services and you are responsible for the remaining 10%.
Deseret Value is a low-cost alternative to traditional plans. When receiving care from Deseret Value contracted providers, the plan pays 70% of most services and you are responsible for the remaining 30%.
Deseret Select is an EPO (Exclusive Provider Organization), provides comprehensive coverage and generally includes all hospitals affiliated with IHC (Intermountain Healthcare). When receiving care from Deseret Select contracted providers, the plan pays 90% of most services and you are responsible for the remaining 10%.
Deseret Protect is a PPO (Preferred Provider Organization) has an annual deductible and provides minimum essential coverage. When you receive care from Deseret Protect contracted providers, the plan pays 70% of most services and you are responsible for the remaining 30% after meeting your annual deductible.
Changes to medical plans can only be made during the open enrollment period every October 1 to October 31. The choices you make in open enrollment will be for the next calendar year starting January 1. If you don’t make any changes, you will automatically keep your current plan.
Medical insurance can be waived, if desired. However, you will be required to enroll in Disability, Life (BGTL), and OAD&D.
For more information, please see DMBA.com or contact Benefit Services at 801-422-4716.
Return to the Employee Benefits page.